RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, September 01, 2005

wattle day

Wattle Day Group Portrait

Wattle day
 

So there I was yesterday in the park, thinking you know, wattle I blog...
I lie. This is actually one of the selection of photographs published in 1921 in a book titled "Golden Wattle Our National Floral Emblem"

Although - I did walk out yesterday into 30 acres of park at lunchtime that was completely deserted. Despite the still sunshine, everyone must have heeded storm warnings. The emptiness was creepy.
The only storm damage I saw was two wattles that had fallen across the path, which was sad so short of spring. I souvenired two windfall bunches of unsprung blossom to sneeze at in private.


Comments: wattle day

I took this near the top of Mt Lofty last week
http://ummm.net/wattle_25thaugust.jpg
Posted by Kent at September 1, 2005 05:47 PM

Great photo.
I love the cyprus too.
Road seems to be saying: Spring's just around the bend...
Posted by boynton at September 1, 2005 06:13 PM

Well a cypress is nothing to sneeze at. Especially one that managed to grow on the island of Cyprus, if any.
A tree I confuse with cedars for some reason.
But wattle now ... avec le daub you have - le maison! Non?
Or is this another alternate-world language bit?
Posted by Juke Moran at September 1, 2005 06:56 PM

No no no - just an alt-boynton-world language gaffe that causes me to blush, and now I can't even sneak into the comments and correct it ;)
Especially as I grew up with cyprESSES and have rhymed a few odes with the word.
(Grew up a mile down the road from the house of the wattle-photographer as it turns out)
Posted by boynton at September 1, 2005 07:03 PM

No comments: