RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, September 18, 2005

OMG

OMG WTF I've joined the ranks of mobile phone owners 20 years late.
If you see me strolling down a supermarket aisle muttering about brands of biscuits
or if you see me rifling through the bras at the lingerie sale looking for a lost phone
or if you see me txting like a teenager at a cafe in the presence of non-cellular companions
u cn call me and give me a reality check.

(On the other hand- if you see me walking down the street alone deep in conversation, don't assume I'm on the phone.)


Comments: phone

boynton makes a call in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does anyone know she's 20 years late?
Posted by Sedgwick at September 18, 2005 04:21 PM

Just text the word "word" to 1800-FOREST to find out. Go on, call now. You know you want to.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at September 18, 2005 07:18 PM

Er, that should be text "WOOD". Just blew the double entendre.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at September 18, 2005 07:21 PM

I'm fairly sure I can't be the only person who never thought the words "OMG WTF" would appear on Boynton's blog even in jest/irony...
Posted by James Russell at September 18, 2005 09:06 PM

OMG sedge...
f 1 pRsN W ful hearin wr 2 st& nxt 2 a deaf unique n ea experienced D abov scenario, dis wd B D 1 circumstance n wich D sound wd simultaneously Xist n not-exist. 4t wmn W D workin ear, D sound wd B brought 2 its ful realization, yl 4t deaf wmn, D sound wd remain 1ly a non-existent potential, a pen havN writ bt lEvN D ppr blank. 4 unique XperENs S dat wich defines reality...
http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/t/a/tarabyl/ifa.htm

Gummo is that XX years?
Maybe the bears know ...
http://www.esato.com/ringtones/polyphonic/index.php/c=Nursery+Rhymes,id=15066

James - maybe I'm turning blue with Age.
Or maybe I'm regressing to the teenspeak I never spoke.
Wonder what the letters stand for anyway?
Posted by boynton at September 18, 2005 09:49 PM

You now have to learn to say "I'm just ..." whenever you answer, Miss Boynton. "I'm just walking ...", "I'm just driving...", "I'm just strolling down a supermarket aisle ..."," I'm just rifling through the bras at the lingerie sale looking for a lost phone."
Posted by cs at September 19, 2005 12:13 AM

Or arrange for someone to call you when you are on public transport so you can say "I'm just on the tram...".
Posted by another outspoken female at September 19, 2005 10:04 AM

I think my favourite is: " Can you see me? ...I can see you waving and I'm walking towards you now"
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at September 19, 2005 11:13 AM

I'm just starting to dread that modern affliction: contactability.

I'm just on the tram... but what I'll never do is what I (we all) overheard a guy saying on a tram once..."Do you want to go out on Saturday night...Oh...No that's ok...Bye"

There must be a keystone type of ending to that gag, FX, with sound fx?
Posted by boynton at September 19, 2005 02:27 PM

Just got my 1st mobile, too. (Commandeered from teenage son, who's not inclined to spend pocket-money on credit anyway...)Can tell I'm new to it - have to stand still to talk. A bit like patting head while rubbing tummy, innit...? Or maybe it isn't & I'm just very very unco(ol).
Posted by wen at September 29, 2005 08:57 AM

I want to stay at the low end of the motor skills scale in regard to txting.
Have never thought 'turbo thumb tapping' was a good look in anyone over the age of 13.
Posted by boynton at September 29, 2005 01:50 PM

No comments: