RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, June 24, 2004

solstices

Reading about summer while our weather declines into winter reminds us of the corporeal geographical reality that seems to diminish in cyberspace.
Our respective solstices mark the antipodes.
The long and the short of it.

So while my thoughts are turning to fondue, I read about a barbeque.
Perhaps those two words will do as shorthand for the two worlds,
the seasonal gap across the hemispheres.

A Weber poem at Grapez
I needed to buy a Weber charcoal grill so what’s a man to do

I have not yet haikued a fondue.
I did read a description that calls it interactive dining at its best.
and this jingrish collection provides the classic text
When all family members are seated around table, dishes are all the more tasteful. If dishes are nice, the square ceiling becomes round..

Or was that a Bob Dylan lyric?


Comments: sosltices

Barbeque to fondue: I like! And it rhymes. The north and south hemispheres. The left and right brains. The yin and yang of cooking. And thanks for the mention.
Posted by Greg at June 25, 2004 01:49 AM

- even if I may have to watch my c's and q's...
(don't know which is the quorrect bbq spelling.)

And I think there is something in this - I was thinking Weber, (without your lyricism) last December. BBQ season.

http://boynton.ubersportingpundit.com/archives/004038.html
Posted by boynton at June 25, 2004 01:11 PM

No comments: