RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, June 03, 2004

john dahlsen

John Dahlsen An Interview
I believe art to be my spirituality. Over the past 20 years I have tried to maintain a pure commitment to contemporary art practice; I have never looked for a safe place to rest. What happens with my art generally runs parallel to my life, meaning that I learn from my art and apply some of these insights to my life and vice versa. When I sense that I am becoming too comfortable in what I am doing I will consciously move on to something new. For example, challenges in my personal life keep me on my toes and help me to extend myself more as an artist. This is how my work is in a constant state of evolution


John Dahlsen environmental artist and contemporary abstract painter
(via J walk)


Comments: john dahlsen

Looks like a bit of Ian Fairweather has drifted up in him.

Just thought I'd comment so this thread wouldn't too look zen.
Posted by Nabakov at June 3, 2004 08:15 PM

- yes and the odd bit of Gascoigne (rosalie) as well...


(you can attend to the general zen round here any time ;) )
Posted by boynton at June 3, 2004 08:28 PM

I bet you say that to all the commentators here.

Here's an artist/illustrator I rather like who seems to be quite zeitgeisty.

http://spacetrash.invisiware.com/
Posted by Nabakov at June 3, 2004 09:39 PM

yes - great. (And the links are quite z-y too.)

(and might I stress that I really like Dahlsen's work too. Rather beautiful)
Posted by boynton at June 3, 2004 10:21 PM

And here's an artist who could only really exist in the 21st century - thanks to the past.

http://www.alternity.co.uk/
Posted by Nabakov at June 3, 2004 11:10 PM

Love it.

http://www.alternity.co.uk/a-g20.html
Posted by boynton at June 3, 2004 11:26 PM

Yes, Micawber Autos

"Look at this, this way squire. 21 quid a week repayments, happiness. 20 quid a week repayments...unhappiness."
Posted by Nabakov at June 3, 2004 11:36 PM

don't like Micawbers's chances of selling the motor to the moustached man at window.
Not sure where he is placed in the family hierarchy but his carriage and general demeanour would seem to suggest he's not buying it, mate
Posted by boynton at June 4, 2004 12:24 PM

No comments: