RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

100 bars

- and speaking of cricket...
Johnny Cash Ring of Fire

One Hundred Bars
A collective blog dedicated to short pieces of writing inspired by pop songs. Edited in Mexico City with contributors from all over the world.

The power of this song to make tough men sing has got me thinking of other examples. I did witness a whole pub of trivia-heads break into song once when The Proclaimers 500 miles was played. It's true. Everyone started singing. Not as much cred as Cash there I guess, but then what would I know. I've been singing If You Could Read My Mind plaintively since I heard it on morning radio today.

4 comments:

Ernesto said...

Would you like to join us? If so, drop me a line at ernestopriegor AT yahoo DOT com and I will send you the invite to post.

It would be a pleasure to have you among us!

boynton said...

It's a great blog, ernesto.

Mine would be the unhippest pop.

FXH said...

just like a paperback novel...

boynton said...

You know that ghost is me y'know.