RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, November 08, 2004

havishams

a comment from Sedge inspired a hunt for havishams

A Rubber at Miss Havisham's
from Illustrations of Miss Havisham from Dickens's Great Expectations


Australian model for the character?
Eliza Emily Donnithorne's Great Expectations

from Great Expectations at The Charles Dickens Page


Comments: havishams

OD'ing on all the testosterone in the bloke logs, so I came over here for a flash of well turned ankle.

And also 'cos I came with a Dickensian Grt. Exptn. Haiku.

The table is laid
promises made and broken
like to strike gold lad?
Posted by Nabakov at November 9, 2004 01:14 AM

to testoterone
a hand amiss in the whist
BYO rubber

my haikus went blue
have some maderia m'dear
sure I havisham
Posted by boynton at November 9, 2004 11:50 AM

I should probably post this on the main blog but just saw this "World Haiku Review"
http://www.worldhaikureview.org/
at Plep
http://www.nutcote.demon.co.uk/nutlog.html#081104

"In Praise of Non-Japanese Haiku" is very good.
Wish I had studied it before dashing off those two
silly non-haiku haiku.
Posted by boynton at November 10, 2004 12:13 AM

No comments: