RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, November 26, 2004

allotments


worm eating vegetables while man sleeps in the sun


...we shall feel like taking a snooze in the deck chair or lying down under a tree, instead of getting on with those gardening jobs that must be done


The temperature is climbing into the thirties and it's buy nothing day.
If I was to nick down to the op-shop I might look for and then, if I was lucky, not buy some old ephemera like these marvellous Allotment & Garden Guides
A series leaflets published by the U.K. Ministry of Agriculture in 1945 on view at earthly pursuits

I've had a wonderful wander through the Jerusalem Artichokes, Potatoes, and assorted lines like these:
The teeth of an iron rake should be riveted firmly or they will soon fall out.

Blight spores don't work down the stems to the tubers, as some people think

The Ministry does not rule out flowers altogether


But this site was merely one of the bumper crop of links up at Ramage's Cabbage special. I could pinch them all.


Comments: allotments

Hey, you pinch my cabbages and I'll get Mr McGregor after you:

"MR. McGregor was on his hands and knees planting out young cabbages,but he jumped up and ran after Peter, waving a rake and calling out, "Stop thief!""

(Just kidding)
Posted by dave at November 27, 2004 07:09 AM

"He lost one of his shoes among the cabbages, and the other shoe amongst the potatoes"

I think Peter could lose a shoe or two among the cabbages of Mr. Anderson.
Posted by boynton at November 27, 2004 09:55 AM

No comments: