RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, November 19, 2004

colour books

Books classified by colour (via J walk)

My own collection possibly suffers from a lack of Blue. Might scout the local haunts for some vintage teal.
 


If your books look sloppy, level the spines How to Use Books in Decor
Don't be afraid to display a favourite book open on a tabletop
5 Ways To Use Books in Decor



Comments: colour books


You'll find some coverage of the event on my blog, ... here, to be precise:

http://urbanist.typepad.com/jarrett_walker_home/2004/11/update_only_in_.html

Peace, Jarrett
Posted by Jarrett at November 21, 2004 01:36 PM

Thanks Jarrett
Great photos - looks wonderful.
For some reason it is the blues that get me in, (although in op-shops I usually look for the orange of old penguins) and a shame that the whites (of the 80's stark chic and beyond) are so
highly represented. I remember the wave of black classics in the 70's, and have a few midcentury items of serious blue paperback...
Posted by boynton at November 21, 2004 02:10 PM

Speaking as a bookseller, we are perennially asked by absent-minded customers for books of which they can remember neither the title, nor the author, but only that "it was blue...". A colleague of mine, faced with one such enquiry, after a hard morning at the bookface, drew himself up to his full height, and replied, with dignity, "Madam, you are in luck, for I am in charge of all the blue books in the shop."
Posted by dave at November 22, 2004 07:29 AM

Are you tempted to fend of the bookseller blues by arranging your books by colour, Dave?
Maybe it should be a thing like an annual "stocktake" - "Closed for Colour Alignment" - followed by a Colour Sale.
Posted by boynton at November 22, 2004 12:04 PM

I might suggest these ideas of yours to t'Management. I think they'd go down well. My own books are arranged in heaps, on the floor, mostly...
Posted by dave at November 25, 2004 08:32 PM

One day I'm going to attack my library stacks and colour code the heaps.
Posted by boynton at November 25, 2004 11:58 PM

No comments: