RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, November 12, 2005

vapours

Is being up in the "Dandenongs" like having an attack of the "vapors", or the "fantods"?
Posted by: Juke Moran at November 8, 2005 08:15 PM


Only if it involves Paddle Boats. Ye olde the better.

(I did visit beautiful Emerald Lake as a child, and this scene was still the closest approximation of the Anglo otherness as depicted on the covers of old Schoolgirl Annuals that I had seen. Who knows - if at some later date I had been paddling with a waving boyfriend, the planetary alignment of imagination may have caused the vapours...Too late now to fulfill that dream - the olde wooden boats have gone for plastic tractor-style, every one)

girl's crystal picturesque*
 


(I was all set to post this last night - but was advised by flatmate, the churlish norabone, that I've posted on this sort of thing before several times, it was recycled content and boring the first time... New readers may like it - unless of course they wandered in from google looking for champagne bottle pot sound wav. Cheers.)


Comments: vapours

Dandenongs- that would be up Upwey way?
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at November 13, 2005 01:10 PM

via upalong road somehwere?
(I grew up way down the other side)

(& I remember the song - but not well enough to sing it,alas)
Posted by boynton at November 13, 2005 01:24 P

No comments: