RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

n caption



A caption contest chez boynton, suggested by Nabakov


Comments: n caption

"Name of a name! The swine promised me I'd only be posing for his private collection!"
Posted by Nabakov at November 9, 2005 12:49 AM

"Oh, the shame! Those knee-highs are so last year!"
Posted by wen at November 9, 2005 09:10 AM

Yes I know, dear, museum fatigue is a bummer.
Posted by boynton at November 9, 2005 12:36 PM

- museum fatigue, my arse
Posted by boynton at November 9, 2005 01:47 PM

"It's true! The eye DOES follow you around the room."
Posted by Tony.T at November 9, 2005 01:51 PM

Looking more closely at background, would like to modify slightly:

"Quelle Horreur! Those kneehighs are so NOT chic!"

& isn't there some rule about employees & proprietors & all their family members not entering competitions, B? Like, shouldn't you be disqualified?
Posted by wen at November 9, 2005 02:04 PM

whooaaa! I never expected to be goosed in this museum. When are we next here Ethel?
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at November 9, 2005 02:15 PM

"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." "

Opps, wrong caption contest.
Posted by Nabakov at November 9, 2005 03:57 PM

It took Mr l'Autelier some months to discover why his wife had left him on that fateful day.
Posted by dk.au at November 9, 2005 04:21 PM

Ooooofh! Bitch has had lipo!
Posted by peacay at November 9, 2005 07:02 PM

Nabakov tranzilated:

"whizzat you lookin at? y-aw a bunch of fuckin assholes with my hoes on my side, and my strap on my back. you need thugz like me so you can point yo fuckin finga n say, "thats tha bad guy." "


http://www.gizoogle.com/index.php?translate=false

Always knew you wuz a thug.
Posted by wen at November 9, 2005 07:53 PM

Passerby:

"I wonder if that woman looking in that window, knows she has a hole in her stocking . I must remember to think about confronting my husband about the affair he's having with that wretched girl, Evelyn. Oh Lordy, I hate headspace today"

Subject:
"Jesus Christ I need to fart. Why are men so obsessed with bottoms, this is terribly tedious and he's going to want me chase him around with that riding crop later."

Flaneur:
"Oooh my goodness, I think I've just found a hole in my tooth" My my, look at the girl's arse and those boots! Saucy or what?"
Posted by Link at November 9, 2005 11:11 PM

Oh. It's a mirror!
Posted by norabone at November 9, 2005 11:30 PM

norabone, indeed a wise man once said, before he was taken round the back, blindfolded and taken aim at, "the arse is a mirror to the soul", and as that other wise dichter, Johann Gottfried Von Herder also said: "Touch not the flute when bums are sounding around."


[channels TT.] "Oh non! That's me in the frame again. The gilt! the gilt!"

"Is there a proctologist in da house?" (Sorry, tranzilated the wrong Nabakov caption fantasy.)
Posted by Sedgwick at November 10, 2005 06:49 AM

"& isn't there some rule about employees & proprietors & all their family members not entering competitions, B? Like, shouldn't you be disqualified?"

No correspondence will be entered into, nyah.

(glides off on brand new pair of roller skates mysteriously acquired in mail, with complimentary chocolates and a year's subscription to "Australian Proctologist")

Actually I should explain: as well as suggesting this contest, Nabakov chose and supplied pic, so he be tha Judge.

As for me - I think I will swipe that phrase of Link's from now on:
"Oh Lordy, I hate headspace today"...

Contest still going AFAIK.
Carry on.
Posted by boynton at November 10, 2005 11:25 AM

It was only then that Edwina realised she'd left the house with no underpants on.
Posted by Helen at November 10, 2005 01:34 PM

"Mon Dieu! Les Sans Culottes have struck again. First my Deux Cheveux and now l'Académie des Beaux-Arts. Marie, take me home, I feel in a condition of swoon."

"Oh really maman, the car was insured and we've all seen those fotos of your Moulin Rouge days on le web."
Posted by Nabakov at November 10, 2005 04:41 PM

That's quite a mouthful, Nabs. It looks more like she's sputtering "Gosh!" (en français, of course) round a beurre-less croy-zant. Or even a La Salada.
Posted by Tony.T at November 10, 2005 06:18 PM

Tony T's 'the eye does follow you' wins. Still, perhaps I'm being one-eyed, or even biassed.
Posted by Tim at November 10, 2005 06:23 PM

"Well hush ma bouche! Elle est maman!""
Posted by Brownie at November 10, 2005 08:38 PM

"I wonder if the Chloe in 24 looks like that?"
Posted by cs at November 10, 2005 11:46 PM

Woman: "Sacre bleu what are doing monsieur?"
Man: "I'm having a tug whilst watching a naked woman's arse"

I'd like to donate my winnings to charity.
Posted by flute at November 11, 2005 09:47 PM

Paris always looked better by moonlight.
Posted by Laura at November 17, 2005 04:23 PM

What's the prize?
Posted by Damien at November 17, 2005 07:43 PM

Uh oh...

The prize is thinking up a prize? (the exclusive rights thereof)

Or will that comment win the prize, Damien?
Posted by boynton at November 17, 2005 09:10 PM

Preliminary research on this would seem to indicate that Prizes can be a can o worms...

http://www.thetechlounge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12944&postcount=15
Posted by boynton at November 17, 2005 09:25 PM


Putain de merde!! Cela cochon!
It was for this reason
http://www.artnet.de/Images/magazine/news/schulte/schulte05-09-05-7.jpg
that he had me wear those long blue stockings!
Posted by Juke Moran at November 17, 2005 10:59 PM

Anyone'd swear she could see.
Posted by Jim at November 19, 2005 06:40 PM

No comments: