RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, November 27, 2005

tomorrow brings

Bought a phone the other day, which almost brings me back to the beginning

Oh - you got the phone! said the guy behind the counter, beaming.
Yes, I said, beaming. I've been looking for years!

It doesn't ring and suffers from terrible halitosis, but at $10 is a pretty good buy.


Comments: tomorrow brings

Ah-me, those were the days, when AWA was a name for an endearingly daggy range of electronic goods, instead of Kevin Andrews' preferred work contracts.
Posted by Helen at November 30, 2005 11:21 AM

not to mention the P.M.G...

btw - I've just re-read this. That was not *the* phone of course (alas) just a better look-a-like.
If I bought things off of the interwebs I would buy this lovely phone, but prefer to take pot-luck at the op-shops.
My phone, flawed, was a $10 find at St Vinnies. As Is.
Posted by boynton at November 30, 2005 11:44 AM

Love - The Red Telephone

Sitting on a hillside
Watching all the people die
I'll feel much better on the other side
I'll thumb a ride

I believe in magic
Why, because it is so quick
I don't need power when I'm hypnotized
Look in my eyes
What are you seeing ... I see...
How do you feel?
...you ...
I feel real phony when my name is
phil
Or was that bill?

Life goes on here
Day after day
I don't know if I am living or if I'm
Supposed to be
Sometimes my life is so eerie
And if you think I'm happy
Paint me ... white ... yellow

I've been here once
I've been here twice
I don't know if the third's the fourth or if the -
The fifth's to fix
Sometimes I deal with numbers
And if you wanna count me
Count me out

I don't need the time of day
Anytime with me's ok
I just don't want you using up my time
'cause that's not right
Posted by Tony.T at November 30, 2005 06:50 PM

"I don't know if the third's the fourth or if the -
The fifth's to fix"

I think it's the fifth to fix.
But don't mention yellow or white or I might have to go looking at sixes and sevens
Posted by boynton at December 1, 2005 11:39 AM

No comments: