RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, June 17, 2005

feedback

On that last link I like the simplicity of the
Feedback + or -
Could simplify comments policy elsewhere in those contentious blog threads and the vexed question of civility etc. In your corner...

I must say I received one of those stray - comments out of the blue about my confusing content yesterday, eg:
WTF It has nothing 2 do with windceaters y is this even under this name

It would be much more user-friendly for someone to just hit the - feedback button in these cases.



Comments: feedback

+++++++!
Posted by Ajax etc. at June 17, 2005 07:33 PM

I would have to diasgree. I quite like it when people tell me I'm a moron because (a) it takes me down a couple of pegs, and (b) i realise that they are actually wrong and I bask in the heavenly glow of my own inflated self-worth.
Posted by Russell Allen at June 17, 2005 11:23 PM

merci etc, that'll skew my stats.

Though ideally one might have to publish a daily report on the + /- index.
Posted by boynton at June 17, 2005 11:30 PM

Ok so that's a "-" Russell?

I agree. But only so long as the negative prose is sufficently diverting. Lots of expletives about windceaters is good, and you can't beat a simple y.
Posted by boynton at June 17, 2005 11:41 PM

The good thing about blogging is the random dialogue that presents itself after a post. A +/- system then turns a blog into a "How Did You Rate This Article" kind of arrangement which is truly shithouse.

I can't believe people bother voting in that kind of thing. Like watching Today Tonight and they say 80% (read: 4 people) of viewers reckon that you shouldn't give kids red cordial. Polling blows!
Posted by Russell Allen at June 18, 2005 05:39 PM

Y, I agree. I was not 80% serious.
(Though sometimes when you see the sameold patterns in long threads it seems everything could theroetically be reduced to the basics. Gravatars, figures, worms, polls, code)

I've never trusted red cordial myself, having mistaken my sparkling wine for that cordial beverage on the odd occasion.
Posted by boynton at June 18, 2005 05:53 PM

I wonder if anyone has given their pet AI program a blogger account for a birthday present. It'd do a great job of linkblogging. Just imagine the performance it could lay on in one of those 'civil' political discussions. Feed it a policy statement and watch it rampage.

Actually, fed virtual Jaffas and technorati, it'd probably rise to the top of the sphere.

Hmmm. Now I'm starting to wonder about you "people".
Posted by kent at June 19, 2005 02:10 AM

Ħ!
Posted by Ajax etc. at June 19, 2005 11:45 AM

I remain

Cordially Yours
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at June 19, 2005 05:56 PM

K: Rolling Java-script down the aisles?

A: +

FX: Too much of said drink, cordially anyone's ;)
Posted by boynton at June 20, 2005 12:29 PM

No comments: