RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

weather

oh yes the weather.... Wild storms hit Melbourne

I don't know if this cartoon is related or not.

Cartoons at Learn English (via bifurcated rivets)


Comments: weather

OK, now I'm gonna buy a credit card sized digital camera you can whip out of yer jacket pocket.

I slept through Melbourne’s latest pocket storm but when I caught the 96 tram into work at about 10am, I saw wonderful sights.

A street paved suddenly with fresh wet green leaves, newsagent lottery signage festooning nearby building sites and most poignantly of all, a crushed umbrella, trapped like a fucked up fruit bat, in the overhead tram cable junction next to Jeff’s Shed.

And everyone was all very jaunty about it all.
Posted by Nabakov at October 27, 2004 10:26 PM

I love that image of the fruit bat.
Inspires me to transplant my own colony of broken black umbrellas to a tree. That's if they'll take to it.
(and I wonder how the fruit bats along the Boulevard fared in the fierce winds)
Posted by boynton at October 28, 2004 12:30 PM

No comments: