RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, October 31, 2004

creepy

Up this week is an album that regularly scared the pants off the Pastor when he was a small fry... The record fascinated and terrified me simultaneously. It became a personal test of my will to be able to sit through an entire playing of side one without running out of the room or turning it off
Sounds To Make you Shiver (via Exclamation Mark)

I tested the Dogs on the sensitive Jack Russell Terrier. Strangely she was unmoved but ran to the back of the monitor to investigate Witch Laugh.

I had just heard a track that I'm glad to have missed as a child. Think I'd still be recovering. Santa Claus Hides in Your Phonograph
This was from a browse through the Internet Archive Audio Archive 78 collection (via bifurcated rivets)

Also available here


Comments: creepy

You want spooky? Take a peek under the number 17 cloth, puntress.
Posted by Rob at November 1, 2004 03:03 AM

I know... I know.

Things is, (as I noted at Sedge's) I dreamed of the Cup... and only then saw that the horse I named in this dream had the birthday numbers...

What I love about the Cup is the belief that over 3200 every horse seems to have a place chance. Which is why it's a good day for puntresses who like to pick whimsically and not for the purists I guess.
Posted by boynton at November 1, 2004 11:01 AM

Having seriously sifted through the form and having worked out that nothing can win, I have nowhere else to go but deep into the bowels of the dark numerical arts.

Birthday: Strasbourg - Makybe Diva - plus the year Russia saluted in th'Gup.

Adds numbers = 1966.

The first Melbourne Cup I attended was in 1966. Won by the best stayer I've ever seen, Galilee. In it's wake that year were, amongst others, Light Fingers and Tobin Bronze.

So far so good.

Galilee was trained by the Gup's Ging, as is the day date of birth horse, #15 Strasbourg.

Born in Frankfurt, Goethe appropriately enough studied at the University of Strasbourg.

Strasbourg is in barrier 22. Goethe was 22 on his 22nd birthday (and here it starts to get spooky) ... as indeed I was myself!

2 and 2 makes 4.

So it's Mummify.

Trifecta: Mummify, Strasbourg and Makybe Diva.

Lock it in Eddie.

(Read and weep Schaap!)
Posted by Sedgwick at November 1, 2004 09:34 PM

Very Impressed, Sedge.

Dream + birthday day + month - disclosure before event/mozzing = She's Archie...

a WHISPER on the radio... = Hugs Dancer
(+ nice acronymn for late dog...)

Old mathematical system... (geelong Cup Winner for Place) = Pacific Dancer

recent observation + whimsical roughie = 8

Sedge's Tips = 23 Winning Belle...

Hmmm... Got to be FIELD again...
As always I'll decide in the queue of TAB.

btw - did you see the formula cracked by this student?
http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11123099%255E2862,00.html

Looks like Media Puzzle? or Zazzman?
Posted by boynton at November 1, 2004 10:58 PM

err... that should be Spoonerism Not Acronym...
I was thinking dug's 'ancer...
Hugs Dancer would be a very complex acronym for a rather simple noble creature...

Oh and Galillee?
Am I dumb to ask how Might and Power might compare?
Posted by boynton at November 1, 2004 11:16 PM

"Mummify, Strasbourg and Makybe Diva"

Now that's a great name for a comedy act.

Up there titlewise with what have could have Aus' most dangerous TV production since Nor and Man Gunston - "The Calico Pusbutter and Nagasaki Felch Almost Half An Hour Of Copyrighted Material Show."

(Don't ask. Our producers didn't. They just got up and left without any sudden movements, carefully nodding and smiling all the while... and haven't returned any calls for the last six and half years.)
Posted by Nabakov at November 2, 2004 08:42 PM

"Am I dumb to ask how Might and Power might compare?"

Tough call. Might and Power was more versatile, but would still stick with Galilee as the superior stayer by a short half head. (Short half heart actually. Heart ruling the head by a short half head ... or heart.)

Nabs, for tripartite comedy acts yer can't beat Larry, Curly and Mo. Yer can poke 'em in the eyes, twist 'em by the nose and pull 'em by the ear, but you can't beat 'em.

Truth be told, the Stooges appeared every Saturday at the Ararat Town Hall Matinee and seems I was the only one of my 10 y.o. peers not laughing. (Mind you they all ended up as serial axe murderers by age 11. I could've been one too, but they wouldn't let me join in on account of me not having a sense of humour ... and not passing the pulling the wings off wedge-tailed eagles initiation test.)
Posted by Sedgwick at November 2, 2004 10:34 PM

Hmm - and to go more literal it could have been:

Hugs Dancer, Lashed and Mummify

or some combo involving Strasbourg and Upsetthym.
(A shame Plastered wasn't running)


I know Galilee is often cited as the best.
Might and Power seemed to have something 'other' -
a champion x factor... Maybe it was just the time and place?
Posted by boynton at November 3, 2004 11:16 AM

I see none of us had the price of torn ticket left for Oaks Day then ... Plastered'll clean up next year, b.
Posted by Rob at November 7, 2004 02:23 AM

I'll keep that in mind.
But only if P wears number 17...Or not. ;)

Yep - I managed to back the last, second last and 4th on Cup day. (Late inkling for Elvis)
What a Trifecta. But after She's Archie bowed a tendon - it didn't seem to matter all that much...
Posted by boynton at November 7, 2004 01:15 PM

No comments: