RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, December 06, 2004

oesophageal

There was a time when I would read the odd medical journal headline such as: Partial oesophageal perforation associated with cold carbonated beverage ingestion, and worry.


Comments: oesophogael

How about Partial oesophageal perforation associated with undisolved Aspro clear taken without water?
Posted by Nora at December 6, 2004 07:01 PM

I think (speaking as an old "The Illustrated Family Doctor" c1934 reader) an Aspro Clear in itself would not present a danger. A course of antibiotics taken without water with bravado might be different.
Alas, too much reading of the above tome in my youth has caused a relapse in my hyponchondria.
How do I know if I have it?
Posted by boynton at December 6, 2004 07:16 PM

Nora, that sounds particularly unpleasant and very painful. The scariest thing I've read in a medical journal was the description of being bitten by a funnel web as being the most 'horrendous' thing that could happen to you. Description of horror followed. My advice boynton, try not to read them, try not to even flip through em.
Posted by Link at December 8, 2004 03:07 AM

Nora, that sounds particularly unpleasant and very painful. The scariest thing I've read in a medical journal was the description of being bitten by a funnel web as being the most 'horrendous' thing that could happen to you. Description of horror followed. My advice boynton, try not to read them, try not to even flip through em.

posted twice to be sure to be sure
Posted by Link at December 8, 2004 03:08 AM

Funnelwebs - Ha. I feel one state removed from phobia... would not like to have to worry about that garden variety horrendous contingency.

Medical journals were horrible things to flip through, that's for sure, with very gruesome graphics. But for worrisome self-diagnosis you can't beat the old 'Family Doctor' genre. The more archaic the disease or remedy, the more it can fascinate ;)
Posted by boynton at December 8, 2004 11:32 AM

No comments: