RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, December 22, 2004



Bad Giftgetting - from Good Housekeeping's Christmas cook book 1958.

Wattle I get? ....Gathering wattle for Christmas

I am a Losing Lottery Ticket! (Full of hope and promise. But in the end, a cheap letdown)
What crappy gift are you (via lexicon)


Comments: wattle

I think it's a damn shame that wattle is no longer gathered for Christmas. Slap on a tablespoonful or two of daub & pour yourself a glass of Chateau Marmont '98 to wash it down with & you've got yourself a toothsome seasonal supper dish.
Posted by Dick at December 22, 2004 11:49 AM

ditto boynton, losing lottery ticket!
Posted by Link at December 22, 2004 07:15 PM

Crap pictures though.

Now this is book illustration,...and where I want to be for Christmas.

http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~jsisson/john.htm

I think I had most of the books listed from '57 to '74, and still have the Eagle space and rockets one. Great bog reading.
Posted by Nabakov at December 22, 2004 09:51 PM

Have a very merry Christmas! :)
Posted by michelle at December 23, 2004 07:07 AM

I realise that reads rather ambiguously. To clarify - I meant the getting of gifts, not the receiving. I would only ever cast apsersions on my own gift selection of course. ;)

Sounds good, Dick - though maybe a wattlecino is in order with shopping still to be done:
http://www.cherikoff.net/cherikoff/recipes.htm#wattleccino
The Gumleaf smoked salmon and salmon pâté sounds pretty good, as do the Bunya nut slivers. I could avail myself of the Bunyas in parental garden.

I desperately wanted to be Socks, Link.

Great blog reading, thanks Nabakov.
Will have to save it up for the sleepy Boxing Boxing Boxing days.

Cheers Michelle. You too.
Posted by boynton at December 23, 2004 11:54 AM

No comments: