RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, December 11, 2004

new trees

We received our oxfam xmas tree delivered by volunteer 4wd club members on this sultry saturday - as pc as a tree can hope to be.
I trimmed it quietly with decorations that made the old plastic tree wilt under two dollar shop trinkets but disappear into the larger scale here, everything loud is now low key.
I trimmed it with the assorted ghosts
that gather round primal rituals and pine needles particularly
the advent of calendar bite


I was reading last year's tree entry - and saw the last comment.
your web site is like many others that do not help people find their info.
I agree see.

meanwhile your info is probably off hiding somewhere. I haven't seen it.


Comments: new trees

That person should call him/her self Don't See.
Posted by Tony.T at December 12, 2004 01:06 PM

Boynton your latest marginal note: "to access comments click on the timestamp" seems like a sad and desperate plea for comments which you'd never have got in the first place. ;)
Posted by Norabone at December 12, 2004 01:10 PM

Yes - but I half suspect that See might also be Nora given her lastest comment.
(cheersthanksalot)
Actually it was in response to a few emails from people who thought (like me at first) that they had been forbidden. Ok call me Luna See.
Posted by Clem N See at December 12, 2004 01:42 PM

O I C?
Posted by Norabone at December 12, 2004 01:48 PM

According to my perplexed 12 year old daughter, our (plastic) Christmas tree is shrinking. "It used to be huge..." Looks just the same to me.
Posted by wen at December 12, 2004 02:00 PM

Sad and desperate or no, I went to some expenditure of time and personal energies to make this note appear here. (even in Linux - which I don't normally so far use as it's on a slower machine than my once hot rod now putt-putt windows machine which won't let me comment here at all - I can only comment using the timestamp entry)
Information is not subjective, access and accession are. Boynton is an example to us all, of brevity, wit, and responsible linkage; in the first person or in the third.
Maybe someone can help fix the comment security...
Posted by Bucky at December 12, 2004 04:27 PM

Speaking of primal ritual and the mists of antiquity, here's a nice collection of beasts from way back when.
http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/HistSciTech.Bestiary
Posted by Nabakov at December 12, 2004 05:01 PM

Hey Clem, I found boynton's advice invaluable for both here and at Troppo. Interestingly while trying to get a message through to ze vebmaster at troppo I had to visit ubersportingpundit were commenting, (albeit completley out of context) by clicking on the obvious poses absolutely no problemos.
Posted by Link at December 12, 2004 08:16 PM

SO glad your site isn't one that helps people "find their info." Please don't ever try to compete with Google . . .
Posted by mg at December 13, 2004 02:09 PM

Clem starts with See, you know. I just felt I should point that out.
Posted by Tony.T at December 13, 2004 09:56 PM

Cheers all.
I do agree partly with See, see.
As I've said before, I'm often embarrassed that Google throws in the blogs with the "your info here" content.
At least I'm starting to recycle my content now, if not my xmas trees. (Plastic is probably more Pc in that regard, wen, or is that PVC)

Bucky and MG have got me thinking up my next post...stand by...

That's a great bestiary, Nabakov, thanks.

Think that Ubersporting is on a separate "thing" (excuse the techno speak) to the rest of the Uber blogs, Link, hence the different comments config.
I could be wrong here.

Hmm...In clem n see?
Posted by boynton at December 13, 2004 11:06 PM

No, Ubersportingpundit is on the same MT installation as the rest of the flock. That might be the problem, actually. I might upload it again for everyone when I get a bit more time so everyone has their own installation.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at December 14, 2004 08:09 PM

No comments: