RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, December 27, 2004

express lane

this guy in the express lane at Safeway on Boxing Day
who had graciously inisisted I jump the queue before him
said The last shall be first!
That's what I'm hoping for on Judgement Day.

the way you scan the man in these situations...
I reckon that by the time that St Peter gets to me he'll be so tired it will work in my favour.
It seemed to check out as a joke so
I threw in a casual rejoinder like a christmas cracker
It could work the other way...
His patience could wear thin

This was a mistake.
Suddenly he had a basketful of rare evangelical items to share into the air
as we headed to the register
but not much time miraculously
the express lane was flowing too smoothly for conversion


Comments: express lane

Triff..

I once got caught hitching illegally on the side of a freeway in Canada with a million skeeters as well.

This van drew up with utterly no paint on it at all. Door flew open. Big voice said: "Jesus loves you. Get in the van."

I did. He was a wild prophet, who spoke of angels with brass trumpets as if he was William Blake alive and living as a missionary to the Inuit.
Posted by David Tiley at December 27, 2004 11:04 PM

Oh my lord...
Posted by Norabone at December 27, 2004 11:09 PM

No comments: