RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

squally

In the last few hours the weather hasn't been quite so unfriendly as predicted:
Showers with local hail and thunder. Possible snow on the nearby hills tonight. Squally west to southwesterly winds.
Belief in the bureau being unseasonally high, we missed that small window of lull to stroll out and terrorise the park with pack, always expecting squalls. Boynton was focused on this window instead. Maybe a font that morphs with weather conditions could be quite handy. (via fimoculous)
(update: thanks to Gummo Trotsky for alerting dumb boynton to the font-al activity of the link)

Meanwhile this is a lovely inside game to play when the storms do hit. (via Sublimate)


Comments: squally

Oh what a find, Boynton, and what a pleasant way to spend the last 20 minutes of the day (thanks goodness I work in multimedia and can justify it!)

Thanks for the link. Most enjoyable.
Posted by mcb at July 29, 2003 05:29 PM

Obviously I need to do something about the lack of sound on my PC.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at July 29, 2003 07:00 PM

Adds:

http://design.umn.edu:8080/cgi-bin/ltrstr/tcdc/tcdcImager?font=v003&nocache=1059475699.538692&bgcolor=white&text=Tug+Boat+Potemkin&align=center&c_informal=50&height=120&width=600&c_weird=150&textcolor=black&c_formal=50
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at July 29, 2003 08:50 PM

mcb - yes I love it - even though I'm pretty hopeless and haven't yet completed it!

Gummo - I think while the sound is not technically neccessary for the game it's almost essential aesthetically!
And thank you for that link. As you can see I've added your addition to the post. (I can't believe I missed that bit of input diversion that I like to throw in round here in lieu of content!)
The font lends an almost Russian look to the tugboat?
Posted by boynton at July 29, 2003 09:37 PM

Plenty of storms are on your way Miss B. They dumped a heap of rain and hail on my car while I was at work.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at July 30, 2003 12:44 AM

alas, it won't play with me....attractive image though...
Posted by Gianna at July 30, 2003 11:20 AM

that's a shame Gianna - it's rather diverting - especially (I would imagine) on a fast connection.

and Scott - I may forget about the font as forecast and check into the Bureau of Mr.Wickstein for reliable weather updates from now on. Always good to have an Adelaide "eye" on the sky.
Posted by boynton at July 30, 2003 02:00 PM

No comments: