RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, February 05, 2007

sport

I was inspired to write this last week after watching a spot of tennis on teev, but it's already rather passe I'd say:

Sun Men's ten
nis on seven
FED/GON
read the score
Fed/Gon Fed/Gon I said
put it on
nabs and tone
saw the set
end and
Gon was gone
but how good is Fed

Gon/Fed   Photo by CreativeJim


Anyway yesterday I found myself watching Women's Golf on television. For the rare meditative quality and the pleasant aesthetics, which is why I used to like watching the cricket. But as we know cricket has been ruined by the glare of dollars, the blare of ads and pundits, the loss of langour. (I liked the snippet of fictive cricket in Midsomer* on Saturday night though, which was sufficiently green and slow and inter-generational, commercial-free but murder-full)

Meanwhile currently watching some writerly golf:
Pitch 'n' Putt with Joyce 'n' Beckett

via bifurcated rivets
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gon missing in the middle.

Anonymous said...

I watched the same spot of tennis.....Not for the tennis but for Gonzalos.....he is yummy!!

boynton said...

TT: Gon Green?

anon. He looks dishy here.

genevieve said...

Gonzales is cute and also had a wonderful tournament. The YouTube clip is pretty neat, B.

boynton said...

Yes, the Baghdatis of 07
(the run up to Fed)

(I missed it but I guess the TV said Fed/Bag in 06)