RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

close local lights

Last night to my suprise I discovered a small pocket of illuminated houses a few streets away. Although now I think about it, I had noticed the outline of an unwired Santa in the second storey of a house on the corner earlier in the year. I thought it was some quirk. But no - it's a whole colony of santas down there- on skis, in chimneys, shooting the breeze in pairs on the porch. Unlike Ivanhoe, happily there was no crowd, a few kids on scooters among the low audience figures chatting casually with the owner-operators of the show, in the spotlight of a well known front lawn.


Comments: close local lights

I would love to see the illuminated houses without the crowd, Boynton.
Could you tell me where they are?
Posted by Getting in the Christmas spirit at December 14, 2005 06:38 PM

Somewhere in Melbourne...
Posted by boynton at December 14, 2005 07:08 PM


You obviously haven't got the xmas spirit
So evasive........THANKS FOR NOTHIN!!!!!!!
Posted by at December 14, 2005 08:12 PM

Gee! Ingratiate!

I saw a blow up Santa the other day on a roof top it looked like he'd been impaled on a pole. Ha I smiled - I love a sense of humour and then I realised he was probably supposed to have been supported by the pole and that he had possibly been pierced by a well aimed dart. Ha I smiled a bit tragic but I love a sense of humour.

Christmas schmissmass! I want no part of it. I had Silent F@#$!#@$% Night running through my head today. I also got my Christmas card and this time the faithful sender of said Christmas card didn't bother with the Dear blah de blah bit, just signed off seasons greetings from etc. So, I addressed it to the house hold, very easily done just fill in the blank spot at the top of the card where the persons name USUALLY GOES. And voila now we all have a card.
Posted by Link at December 14, 2005 09:28 PM

I see Christmas stress seems to be affecting people allready. Some of my neighbours have got Santas which are similar to garden gnomes.
Posted by andy Farnsworth at December 15, 2005 12:38 AM

Link - some of the local Santas had a definite lean - maybe prevaling winds or something in the soil.
A great card story...Dear oh Dear oh Dear...

I noticed that some of those Santas might indeed be perennials, Andy. As it is that outline of the Santa graces the upstairs window all year - we're talking serious advent there.
btw - welcome back!
Posted by boynton at December 15, 2005 01:44 PM

Behave yourself, Anonymous!
Posted by Tony.T at December 15, 2005 03:17 PM

Behave myself.....Get over yourself Tony.T
You should be telling Boynton to relax.
I dont want to know her whereabouts I just wanted to know where the xmas lights were ..thats all.
People get sooooooooooooo paranoid.
Merry xmas to all .
Posted by at December 15, 2005 07:03 PM

The info is out there, anon.
Posted by boynton at December 15, 2005 07:10 PM

Relax? People tend not to relax around schizo stalkers.
Posted by Tony.T at December 15, 2005 07:10 PM

Geeeeee....assumptions.........I'm no stalker,
just someone reading a blog and getting peeved about comments made..........Maybe T.T. you need to see christmas lights,it may calm you down.
Posted by at December 15, 2005 08:21 PM

Hey Anon, I saw some great Christmas light in the store at Glenreagh.
Posted by Link at December 16, 2005 11:11 AM

Well Miss B, if you're not going to publish your address, could you at least post your bank a/c details, PIN and a specimen sig. just so...you know, we can establish your bona fides?

Looking for xmas lights in all the wrong places doooo dooooooh.
Posted by peacay at December 17, 2005 08:33 PM

You guys have got it all wrong.
I didn't want Boynton Address...........who gives a shit.
I just wanted to know what suburb the lights were
in that Boynton saw.
All the drama.........get a life.
Posted by at December 18, 2005 06:31 PM

When I go to my brother's place next week and I lazily sit around and sup his fine fare and hog his zippy computer and watch dvds on his wonderful setup and he doesn't tell me the secret ingredient in his pistachio pesto when I ask, I think I'll remember to thank him anyway for providing my sustenance and entertainment and try not to get irate about inconsequential minutiae.
Posted by peacay at December 18, 2005 07:54 PM

I can tell you the address. Mr/Dr/Prof/Miss/Ms boynton lives at ..ahh ooooh .. ugh mmmmmffffh..................................
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at December 21, 2005 11:05 AM

Oi - enough of the ugh...
Posted by boynton at December 21, 2005 11:43 A

No comments: