RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, July 18, 2004

hiatus

a brief hiatus of a week



Comments: hiatus

Hia and tus yerself here darlin'

http://abelphotography.com/tragic.html

Beyond even Hoffman creepy, yet there's art, life and emotion still there.
Posted by Nabakov at July 19, 2004 11:31 PM

A hiatus! Look, everyone.. a hiatus!
Posted by Scott Wickstein at July 20, 2004 06:37 PM

"A Brief History of Hiatus" by Boynton Hawking.

(Stares into black hole. Heavy!)
Posted by Sedgwick at July 21, 2004 09:06 AM

enjoy yourself!!

:)
Posted by michelle at July 22, 2004 02:44 AM

Thanks for your comments and links.
Must consult Hawking re the brevity of weekness.
Or the brevity of gravity etc.
Posted by boynton at July 23, 2004 02:34 PM

"Brevity"

Takes me back to "My Word" and my mentors, Dennis Norden and Fwank Muir.

"B. Rafferty is the sole halfwit."
Posted by Sedgwick at July 23, 2004 03:34 PM

"My Word" was compulsory listening for all the boyntons in "My House", Mr. S, with the pun-showdown the best. Also the way that the applause apparently graded the pun automatically - always sounded like rain to me, heavy showers meaning a clear winner.

and some more quotes on brevity
http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_brevity.html
Posted by boynton at July 23, 2004 03:48 PM

The siren voices of Dilys Powell and Anne Scott-James silkenly wafting out of the bakelite AWA P76 could set a young lad's barely visible hormones a'racing.

"Talk polysyllabic to me Dilys, don't spare me. Have your wicked etymological way with me. Give me your word!"

Posted by Sedgwick at July 23, 2004 04:23 PM

I preferred the sound of Dennis to Dylis m'self.

(DN must have one of the best voices for ironic nuance (and/or common variety pun)?)
Posted by boynton at July 23, 2004 04:30 PM

"ironic nuance", a sadly neglected, powerful art.

When was the last time someone on "Big Brother" or "The Footy Show" ... sorry, I was being Pollyanna-ery and nostalgically foolish.
Posted by Sedgwick at July 23, 2004 04:40 PM

But we endorse Pollyanna Nostalgia for neglected art 100% on this site.

There's no fool like an old school pollyanna but at least she's polysyllabic.
Posted by boynton at July 23, 2004 04:48 PM

O God Sedge. For so long I thought I was flawed.

Now someone else has admitted to the sheer lascivious glory of those wondrous english feminine polysyllables.

Sometimes they even came from someone called Polly, when I would be quite undone.
Posted by David Tiley at July 26, 2004 03:45 AM

No comments: