RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, October 13, 2005

vanishing

At The library of vanished sounds, it was the Grandmother Clock ticking and striking (found under Various) that struck home.


via I like, there are some good clips at BBC 4's The Lost Decade, but I took a diversion to the 1950's Home style and got lost in the 1950's kitchens at the Museum of Modern Design

I think I would find so many cupboards quite stunning


and New! Parakeets Available...Parakeets rest on your finger and sing to you




Comments: vanishing

That 'stunning' kitchen has really odd perspective else that's the smallest mixmaster I've ever seen.

No, it's odd.
Posted by peacay at October 14, 2005 03:37 PM

Oh yes I see what you mean.

I thought it was the 50's geometrical thing happening but no, the walls are falling in...

Might think the yellow wallcupboard syndrome, but it looks too amusing. Like the after coffee entertainment.
Posted by boynton at October 14, 2005 03:46 PM

I was thinking that it's like vortexvision, the homogenized vanilla virgin 50s vista. Our kitchens (and our decade) will warp your space-time continuum.
Posted by peacay at October 14, 2005 04:26 PM

The Modern Miracle You See Without The Use Of Tumblers!
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/i_have_seen_the_robe-2.htm
Posted by boynton at October 14, 2005 05:21 PM

heh. Now that's some understated prose!
Posted by peacay at October 14, 2005 05:49 PM

btw - this is actually the kitchen my blue canisters and I would prefer:
http://www.moda.mdx.ac.uk/tellingtales/aids/1950/pop/50kit_01.htm

looks fairly stable in comparison to the (canary) yellow...give or take a few onions?
Posted by boynton at October 14, 2005 05:51 PM

Just needs a preening skirt wearer and a gun chef ;-)
Posted by peacay at October 14, 2005 06:31 PM

Perhaps that's why Len D was armed.
In case the cupboards advanced?
Posted by boynton at October 15, 2005 12:17 PM

ok, that made me laugh.
Posted by peacay at October 15, 2005 10:14 PM

Whilst cleaning out the shed today I came across a bunch of reasonably well preserved 1950s- 1960's Australian Picture and Post Magazines.

Are you a collector Mrs Boynton? If you would look after them I could arrange to lend them to you for a long lend.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at October 15, 2005 11:26 PM

Used to collect magazines of that era- but not Picture and Post. Sounds fab! A short lend would be wonderful.

(Mrs? are you having a lend of me, FX?
Usually ms, though I'm still so amiss, but might accept 'reasonably well preserved')
Posted by boynton at October 16, 2005 12:46 PM

No comments: