RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, July 14, 2005

weak

I did reassure a visiting Armadillo last night that the weather was cold even for Melburnians. (Who nonetheless can embrace the glacial al fresco cafe experience on the odd winter evening.*)

Yesterday by chance I think I caught the first bit of sunshine in a week.
It was pretty weak, but you don't knock such random blessings of Vitamin D in bleakest Bearbrass.

In other news, I have only just noticed my italics issues in IE. (It's all Firefox round here now)
Obviously a rogue i tag, but I have cast my heavy eye through a month of recent entries looking for an unclosed i to no avail. I may have to give up and enjoy the different slant


Comments: weak

One meet up I wished I hadn't missed, and although the horse what was responsible for my absence ran a creditable third at the Valley last night thereby qualifying for the final next Friday. One insincerely hopes that the Barista found the florin I advised him to place on its each-way nose (actually the young equine Gringotts has a decidedly roman nose) when I forwarded my apologies.

http://gogringotts.blogspot.com/2005/07/race-and-result.html

Unfortunately it would seem that I may have been a bit previous in booking the Brambles security van to turn up at the end of race meeting. Did feel a little foolish as I secreted the remaining two and sixpence from my original stake of five guineas into the heavily armed and size twelve fisted guard's cash box.

All I ask is for there to be a profit in my own life time ... and for Barista's repel boarders backlist to stop banning me from commenting by dint of my alleged questionable content.
Posted by Sedgwick at July 16, 2005 07:39 PM

You were much missed, GG, but the gee gees's were evidently a good Friday night bet.
Punting, not punning?
(Sorry - still insufficiently sober... Maybe I should limber up with some of those "Brain Games" of a couple of posts back)

And I know the secret of Barista's and Balcony's Bouncers...

leave out your url...
Posted by boynton at July 16, 2005 08:08 PM

Using the monkey and the typewriter method (the method much loved of Dan Brown and J K Rowling ... oooh errr ... bitchy bitchy!) I finally worked out the secret of entering the Baristarian Temple of Doom.


When I got there I found I had nothing questionable to say.

Cold Saturday nights'll do that to you!

(I recollect that at one stage I had a similar struggle to bypass the portcullis over at After Grog.)
Posted by Sedgwick at July 16, 2005 08:35 PM

um I am without IE but suspect the rogue tag is in 'brain games'. try putting the (/i) before the (/blockquote) instead of after.
Posted by Kent at July 17, 2005 05:20 AM

Kent, think you're right. I was always taught it was (/i) before (/blockquote) except after (/c).
Posted by Sedgwick at July 17, 2005 08:56 AM

Thanks Kent. How dumb of me to be so unsymmetrical.

Alas, i just tried it but IE is still in i mode.

Posted by boynton at July 17, 2005 11:47 AM

Being in the trade I couldn't resist looking into this one...check your link to "Listing...with reflections", there is an (/i) tag thats missing its right pointy bracket (technical terminology).
Posted by damien at July 17, 2005 12:13 PM

voila...

Merci Damien.

My html cred is indeed listing.
Posted by boynton at July 17, 2005 12:21 PM

I'm here 'til Friday and we've just arrived home from the arts centre where we witnessed the master of mainstream, Williamson wield his influence. Witty? you say? I'm looking for some shows or anything a drama teacher might use during the week - (meant to mention it the other night but too stupid).


Here's my email if you think of anything.

email: jen.mcculloch@ozemail.com.au
Posted by jen at July 18, 2005 10:33 PM

Not sure about tickets - but Lear at The Malthouse?
The other show there Black Swan of Trespass looks good.
"The Country" Red Stitch in St Kilda.

Non Parlo Di Salo.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/reviews/non-parlo-di-salo/2005/07/14/1120934358364.html

and Dancehouse?
http://www.stateart.com.au/sota/hit-list/default.asp?fid=3599
might be good for teaching
http://www.theprogram.net.au/reviewsSub.asp?id=2644&state=1

Hope this helps. Nice to meet you, Jen.
Melb not quite so bleak today - Blue Sky Again.
Posted by boynton at July 19, 2005 10:53 AM

No comments: