RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, July 18, 2005

paint dry

It's strange but these days I'm finding I would generally prefer to watch Paint Dry than watch the television. (via bifurcated rivets)

My current favourite TV series is The Collectors, but even then I'd prefer to be out in the op-shops or watching the nature strips for a vintage television thrown out in the hard rubbish. I did see one round here a few years ago. This year we only exchanged ricketty furniture by stealth.

Of course if the paint story had a good narrative and interesting characters, I might watch it on television


Comments: paint dry

That was an informative page, but I kind of wish I hadn't seen it. Somehow, it's taken away all the romance and I'll never look at Dulux Wash and Wear the same way again.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at July 18, 2005 06:30 PM

Let alone the romance and suspense of "Kelvin Solid"...

Must go - watching Bud on Talking heads...
Posted by boynton at July 18, 2005 06:51 PM

In fact my timing was quite bad. A square eyes evening ahead.

(It's full on Animal Rights viewing on ABC tonight.)
Posted by boynton at July 18, 2005 08:27 PM

"The Polymer Centre banner, consisting of our logo on a blue ground, has not being displayed by your browser."

Written by boffins, no doubt.
Posted by Tony.T at July 18, 2005 09:51 PM

Luxury!

It's full on "I want to go into some rickety cabin in remote Alaska, save Hilary Swank from Robin Williams, get in a gunfight and die" over here.

I'd say "enjoy the ABC" if it weren't for the subject matter. "Hope you learn something from it" sounds snippily pedagogical. Time to shut up.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at July 18, 2005 09:55 PM

Yes, T, that's a Firefox thing (or config. or whatever) It works in IE.
I hope you watch it.

I think I set myself up for such pedagogical retorts, Gummo.
(Forgot to watch WWTBAM - for research purposes of course)
Posted by boynton at July 18, 2005 10:16 PM

I'd prefer paint too, followed by a TV that sat there doing nothing, followed by a TV with only Oz, Desperate Housewives and SBS world news...
Posted by groomzilla at July 19, 2005 02:06 PM

Or Oz, SBS world news, Collectors

and Desperate Houseflies?
http://www.desperatehouseflies.com/
Posted by boynton at July 19, 2005 02:11 PM

Am I the only one in viewer land that gets a kick out of Boston Legal?
Posted by cs at July 19, 2005 05:39 PM

I get a kick out of William Shatner.
Posted by boynton at July 19, 2005 11:19 PM

Yes, Shatner's timing is a perennial wonder. James Spader's also killing me, but even with all this the show would still be nothing without the brilliant dialogue. A gem.
Posted by cs at July 20, 2005 08:49 AM

No comments: