RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, January 20, 2005

mind games

Due to a production error, yesterday's crosswords were a repeat of earlier ones. The Age apologises for the mistake.

Just as well I didn't get to the cryptic yesterday. I suspect that even getting the same puzzle again would not help the strike rate dramatically.


Comments: mind games

When my students fail a test, they have to do a "resit".

Sometimes this resit is exactly the same test as the test they failed. In other words, they are getting two goes at the same test. Most times THEY EVEN KNOW they're getting the same test.

Yet I've actually had some of them say "Ohhh, SIR! Can't I have another test? I don't like that one."
Posted by Tony.T at January 20, 2005 06:20 PM

Hmm - I can see the logic in that, I think.

Some tests, like some chairs, are simply too unfriendly in themselves.

No amount of concentrated sitting is ever going to change that.
Posted by goldilocks at January 20, 2005 06:40 PM

Yeah, but you'd think they'd just ask the smart kiddies for the answers. Surely, at least, they're THAT clever.
Posted by Tony.T at January 20, 2005 06:47 PM

Actually, I know they're not. But we live in hope.
Posted by Tony.T at January 20, 2005 06:47 PM

Oh - I get it...

(I did go a shade blonder today...)
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2005 06:49 PM

No comments: