RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, January 10, 2005

bananas

It's getting hot. My dial-up has gone totally bananas. The greengrocer is back but the suburb is away. Curtains are drawn.

Which way to the beach?


I found this image in a round-about way looking for deck chairs at Picture Australia which oddly led to this unidentified beach

(But then this is more your standard deck chair, isn't it?)


Comments: bananas

Bringing back the modesty panel!

That great equaliser and gateway to the mysterious south has been sadly consigned to the dustbin of 'life's a beach' history by those shameless, desporting their wares, Speedo clad jocks and jockettes.

I think someone ought to do something about it!
Posted by Disgusted of East Malvern. at January 10, 2005 03:51 PM

Yes and I think he may have lost his equaliser somewhere in the surf?
A serious breach on the beach?
Posted by why_oh_why at January 10, 2005 04:02 PM

Very attractive. In my mind, boynton, the woman in the bathing costume is you.
Posted by millipede at January 11, 2005 11:46 AM

Na - I look nothing like that. Or 'Boynton' for that matter. Except around the hat.
Posted by boynton at January 11, 2005 05:19 PM


This would be Coogee Beach I suspect?
Posted by phlip at January 11, 2005 10:15 PM

Oh stop shattering my illusions!
In my minds eye boynton will always be the woman in the bathing costume.
Posted by millipede at January 12, 2005 11:47 AM

Millipede. I'll take it as a compliment.
(But it was lucky I didn't link to my usual type of historic photo of anonymous unglamorous woman in domestic deckhair with terrier.)

Philip. Coogee? Coodbe?

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~cfritz/GaleriePhoto/Notre_appart_a_Coogee/CoogeeBeach1.htm

I don't know Sydney, unfortunately.
Posted by boynton at January 12, 2005 11:59 AM


Indeed, coodbe Coogee. The historic photo is taken from a little further south than the contemporary one I think. Not Bondi or Manly or Deewhy or any of the little deep ones, and after a while you run out of options. Coogee has an adventure playground. I adventured there one night after an enjoyable evening out with friends, before voluntarily moving on to Pancakes on the Rocks where we were involuntarily moved on.
Posted by phlip at January 14, 2005 09:41 PM

That's a nice description.

And those beach names
Bondi, Manly, Deewhy, Coogee
they can't be beat can they
Posted by boynton at January 15, 2005 01:06 PM

No comments: