RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, January 27, 2005

jumpers

On this sweaty day in Melbourne I followed up that found combo of orchestra and sweaters and found advice on correct Melbourne cultural attire...

What should I wear to an MSO concert?
Wear whatever makes you comfortable. Contrary to what many people think, formal attire - such as tuxedos and evening gowns - is not required at MSO concerts. You'll see concertgoers in suits, sweaters, skirts, jeans, dresses - everything


This is also word for word and head to toe what you should wear to a concert in Detroit, Atlanta, Knoxville and the orchestra of the Southern Finger Lakes...

The MSO advice is misleading of course. It should read suits, jumpers, skirts, jeans, dresses - everything


Comments: jumpers

On such a hot and sweaty day in Melbourne , we should all go naked to a MSO concert.
Posted by at January 27, 2005 09:40 PM

Or we should go fully clothed in everything to the Bowl.
Posted by boynton at January 27, 2005 10:22 PM

For me, Wolfy Amadeus's Haffner Symphony would be a perfect piece on a day such as this - for indeed I haffner thing to wear.

(See John run. See Betty run. See Terry run ever so much faster.)
Posted by Sedgwick at January 27, 2005 10:32 PM

I'm haydn from this thread.
Too hot to handel.
Posted by boynton at January 27, 2005 10:53 PM

No cutting and running Ms B.

According to the good oil from Mr Schubert this symphony is far from finished.
Posted by Sedgwick at January 27, 2005 11:24 PM

Mr Schubert may remove his shoes.

Shoeless is fine in such non-sweater weather.
Posted by boynton at January 28, 2005 11:06 AM

jumper, sweater, windcheater, jersey, cardigan, twin set
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at January 28, 2005 01:20 PM

Pull Over, FX.
Posted by boynton at January 28, 2005 01:22 PM

(Not that I'm taking "twin set" personally , of course.)
Posted by boynton at January 28, 2005 01:36 PM

Point taken. fair (isle) enough.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at January 28, 2005 09:00 PM

I suppose at this point I should declare my vested interest.
Posted by Sedgwick at January 28, 2005 09:22 PM

I knew you were ribbing.
Or was I ribbing?

I just wanted that old joke about Pullovers (and that old word itself) to get a guernsey.
Posted by boynton at January 28, 2005 09:27 PM

Oh - missed your comment there, Sedge - in the 'cross-thread.'
But it actually ties in quite nicely with my next question to FX, which was to be in regard to his declared In Vestments. (And his ties, for that matter.)

I'm interested in your vice-regal declarations, of course.
Posted by boynton at January 28, 2005 09:33 PM

Ms B drops a stitch in the cross-thread but recovers and knits two together.

Casts off.

Thank you ball boys.
Posted by Sedgwick at January 28, 2005 10:49 PM

No comments: