RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, November 08, 2003

nibblies

'How about some boccincini'? asked Mr Colby, leaning over his turntable?
It was challenging but not entirely impossible to imagine an 18th century drawing room in his small suburban cream brick cottage, although the wall of cuckoo clocks did suggest a slight Swiss influence, augmented by several large holes in the plaster.
'I prefer Mozart'.
Mr Colby looked puzzled
'You mean of course Pizza Cheese?'
Oh dear. I had not realised until then that Mr Colby was a purist in these things. (Although I had noticed he had inisisted on saying 'sparkling wine?’ instead of champagne each time he refilled my flute). He thought less of me now.
'Actually I love Mozart.' I said taking extra care with the pronunciation.
'In fact a few years ago I almost developed something of a feta for Mozart...'
Mr Colby scratched the record..
Mr Colby lost it and started cursing in a very blue vein.
'But Boccincini is fine…really.' I said helping myself to some small nibblies to go on with while I waited for the mood to recover.
It never quite did.



Comments: nibblies

very krafty - the way you've processed this, B.
Posted by wen at November 8, 2003 08:03 PM

Anyway he wasn't your type - uncultured, not sharp enough. He grated somehow....
Posted by wen at November 8, 2003 08:07 PM

thank you wen - tho' now I regret missing such gimmes as 'grating' and 'cultured'.
And re-reading I see there may be a few holes in the logic , but guess I just have to let it stand. It's only Lite.
btw - to confess: this tale was based on my RL confusion of a composer and a kind of tiny mozzarella so I think a Mr C type is prob more cultured than me.
Posted by b at November 8, 2003 08:32 PM

cultured maybe, but much too stiltoned to boot.

thats an ugly one. just brioche it off and keep moving..
Posted by David Tiley at November 9, 2003 02:07 AM

the said verbal confusion was the only thing drawn from RL I hasten to add ;)
All characters are naturally fictitious and any resemblance to cheeses living or dead is entirely emmental.
Posted by boynton at November 9, 2003 06:09 PM

that last is just AWFUL.. I warn you, a friend of mine with ths devilish skill was forced to flee the country... (to a fabulous job in Chicago - ha ha the laugh is on us..)
Posted by David Tiley at November 10, 2003 11:01 PM

No comments: