RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, May 19, 2008

p123s5+

Ann O'D tagged me with a new 5th sentence meme, which seems to have gathered 100 pages in 4 years (see p23s5). I always take these things literally, so the nearest book to where I sit blogging is a recent op shop find: The Penguin Book of Women's Humor
"Not my son, assuredly!"
Heathcliff smiled again, as if it were rather too bold a jest to attribute the paternity of that bear to him.
"My name is Hareton Earnshaw," growled the other; "and I'd counsel you to respect it!"

7 comments:

Amelia said...

you can find great books at the op shop. do you know about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested in joining.

regards, Amelia

boynton said...

I op shop, therefore I am secretive ;)

Looks a good blog.

BwcaBrownie said...

'Hareton' is a name which rarely comes up in ... say, The Childrens Court at Broady.

That op blog has about 30 bloody team members.

My best opshop buy was a 50c silk scarf in MINT condition with a 1956 Melbourne Olympics design by Joy Fox 'after' Matisse's Dancers.
The scarf is now on display at the MCG Museum.

Thanks Ms Boyntonesque

R.H. said...

Women's humour?

Good heavens.

How many pages are there, three?

boynton said...

With Earnshaw, Hareton and Heathcliff, humour hardly ever happens...

Best find, there, bwca.


Yep...that's what TT said when he saw it, rh...
You men!

(The merican vesrion is Non-U, of course.)

R.H. said...

I assume you know I'm joking. Hope so.

Excellent blog.

-Robert.

boynton said...

Ta.

(I assume TT was joking too.)