RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, May 05, 2008

baked

I purchased this heavy tome on Cakes:




It sells for about 75 dollars, (insert thrifty disclaimer here about vouchers and discounts) and is rather swish in the manner of these thick as a brick, sensitive new age manuals, with fabulous triple-tested recipes and beautiful photographs. I like it very much.

Not sure if the history has been triple-tested though:

Eventually, in the early 19th century, electric and gas stoves were introduced...
Eventually, in the early 19th century, electric and gas stoves were introduced...
 

5 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

years ago, I had an employee whose mother was the Women's Weekly test Kitchen expert.

He said she never cooked at home.

boynton said...

lol

I guess triple-testing would test the nerves.

lucy tartan said...

Early adopters.

boynton said...

A world first for New South Holland.

Anonymous said...

"I guess triple-testing would test the nerves."

And the scales.