RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, December 15, 2003

scott moves

Scott Wickstein, our most generous Uber host, has moved his personal blog back to blogger while his tenants happily blog and clog up server space (in this case blogging dogs and frogs and beatles.) Half tempted to move back to the land of easier template tweaking, to free up a bit of the css driven space for the landlord.


Comments: scott moves

No no - stay. I thought we were (sob!) uberblogsisters.
Posted by wen at December 15, 2003 09:38 PM

Ja - die schwestern uber, uber alles.

Ah well - guess I've just been avoiding getting reacquainted with the the great css table mysteries, which is why I've left this style sheet pretty plain and white.It's embarrassing.

I never take the comment reliability for granted though. Nor the kindness of our host.
Posted by boynton at December 16, 2003 12:14 AM

Nah, stay put Miss b. Most of the server space is getting chewed up by Ubersportingpundit.com, the tenants are proving to be a lot less demanding then the host.

Anyway, I like the way you have the page set up. I think it's quite elegant.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at December 16, 2003 12:18 AM

i agree with scott that miss boynton's design is very easy on the eye.

btw, i'm not going to say anything about anyone's backward migrations from MT to Blogger...hehehe.
Posted by Gianna at December 16, 2003 06:41 AM

Given the bagging you got Ms G. and given you are too well mannered (or is it the sanguine pregnant glow?) to gloat, I am tempted to say but two words on your behalf ... "asylum seekers".
Posted by Sedgwick at December 16, 2003 07:54 AM

Just didn't expect the host to be the exile.
I think Gianna's a trend setter from way back

thanks for your feedback on my lack of a table
(design wise). Elegant is fine by me. (I was thinking big bad font myself)
Posted by boynton at December 16, 2003 11:40 AM

Some of the people praising this site themselves are trapped inside white letters on a grey background.

So an elegant pale grey on white is a bit like a visitation from the Celestial City.

Mine of course looks like a huge pallid bowl of old custard; when I can work out how to add some kind of puckering effect to the surface, like skin, the illusion will be complete. A prune or two poking through a corner will help as well.

The impression I get is that Movable Type is particularly efficacious for someone who is fond of Bach and suchlike civilities.

The one thing I covet about the Troppo site is the whiffle on the snout of the armadillo. That is very fine.
Posted by David at December 17, 2003 03:43 PM

No David - all elegance is quite accidental, and the grey often strikes me as rather pallid IMH(pale)O - whereas I think your custard is not at all pallid, but rather cool. It needeth neither prunes nor puckering. But yes that's one mighty fine whiffle animating away over at Troppo.
Posted by boynton at December 17, 2003 03:54 PM

whoops - think I was whooshed. Didn't read closely enough and didn't quite get the sense of the prunes and puckering first time round. ;)
Still think the so-called 'old custard' is cool and chic. A good looking rather stealable design.
Posted by boynton at December 17, 2003 05:58 PM

No comments: